Thursday, January 29, 2015

Thoughtful Thursday: Where I Live

Please take a moment to answer this week's questions on your own blog then add your link in the comments section at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your Thoughtful Thursday questions and answers.  Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has the opportunity to be seen.  The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own Thoughtful Thursday post and comment on a couple of other posts.  Now it's time for this week's topic!

WHERE I LIVE

1. Where do you currently live?  I live in the Austin, TX area.

2. Have you lived in your current state throughout your entire life?  No, but i've almost lived in Texas longer than I lived in my home state of Oregon.  September 2016 will tie the amount of time between the 2 states at 18.5 years each.

3. If you answered no to Question 2, then where else have you lived?  Missouri (Army boot camp), South Carolina (Army job training), Ft. Belvoir, VA (right outside of Washington DC), and Seoul, South Korea.
4. What is the coolest thing out your city/town? Austin is very open-minded (as they say, "keep Austin weird"), lots of music ("live music capital"), lots of outdoor activities to do...very runner friendly.

5. Are there any holidays your state goes all out to celebrate?  If so, tell us about it. Not really.  I mean, 6th street in Austin does a big Halloween thing this is ridiculous.  I used to go but there are just too many people.

6. Describe your neighborhood (climate, scenery, etc.) I live in a suburb of Austin, so it's not as crazy-hectic as Austin is/can be.  It's very laid-back.  I love running around my town and never get bored of running the same routes.  They don't have many little festivals, but they do have a couple throughout the year, but I haven't yet made it to even one and I've lived there for over 5 years.  Wah wah.

7. What do you wish you could change most about the place you live? The things I would change about where I live are not PC to discuss, so I won't ("if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all," right?).  Instead, I'll talk about the fact that there are a lot of streets and roads I would like to include into my running routes but can't because they don't have a sidewalk OR a shoulder where I can safely run.

8. Describe your home.  What's your favorite thing about it? That it is basically a 1-bedroom house on the 3rd floor of an apartment building  It's huge.  920 sq ft for a 1-bedroom apt!!!  But, it's an apt and I do hope to buy a house in about 2-3 years.

9. Where do you shop for groceries? I shop at Target a lot (I have a Target Debit Card that gives me 5% and just debits from my bank account...I also get the pharmacy rewards that gives me an additional 5% coupon once a month to use that is good from open to close for one day).  I'll get some items (mostly vitamins, water and body wash) at Sam's Club, and then I do the rest of my big shopping at a local chain grocery called HEB.  I also get some things from Randall's (also Safeway or Tom Thumb) and a local chain "farmer's market" called Sprouts.  I randomly get certain items from Whole Foods and Trader Joe's as well.

10. What is your favorite regular activity in your city/town? Running.  I'm not someone that goes out or frequents any particular "haunts" so I don't have anything like that.  I just love to run...run run run.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews