Saturday, April 27, 2013

Getting Back to Clean



One of my co-workers, and someone I would probably call a friend as well, is revamping what he eats.  It started with Lent.  He gave up all processed food for 40 days.  After Lent was over, he went to Chik-fil-a and ordered chicken nuggets and a small fries.  He said when he got done eating, he felt gross and greasy.  Since then, he has dedicated himself to removing as much processed food from what he eats as he possibly can.  His dedication to this motivates me to make the move back to a mostly processed foods free diet.  When I was eating mostly fruits and veggies with just enough protein thrown in and next to no processed foods, I felt GREAT!  Lately, Ive been eating a lot of processed and fast foods.  As a result, Ive been having bouts of indigestion and heartburn, problems that I have basically gotten rid of.

After talking with Alex (that’s his name), I realize that after losing 40 pounds in 8 months that I am probably a little burnt out on losing weight.  Thats why I decided to take a couple weeks away from the scale.  Besides, the scale has said the exact same thing for a whole month now, down to the 10th of a pound even.  I am determined to get my eating back on track.  I want to start tracking my food again and not eating so much junk.  To do this a few things will have to happen.  First, I absolutely have to track what I’m eatingall of it.  No ifs, ands or buts about it.  Second I have to be conscious of what Im putting in my mouth.  And, more importantly, I have to be aware of how MUCH Im putting in my mouth because, you see, while my choices may be good, I may be eating too much food in general.  Too much of anything is never a good thing, even if its a good thing.

After I get paid next week, I’m going to put together a kickass grocery list and I’m going to set myself straight in the eating department.  What I want to do for breakfast is get some whole grain waffles, chocolate PB2 and bananas.  Ill toast the waffles, mix up a slightly runny mixture of PB2 and slather it on the waffles, then Ill slice the bananas and put those on top of the PB2 slathered waffles.  YUM!  I need to get some apples and start eating an apple with my standard lunch of a bell pepper with tuna salad in it.  My snacks are going to be cucumber with hummus (or Weight Watchers whipped fat free cream cheese) and the other is 0% plain Greek yogurt with blueberries and 2 stevia packets.  Then, for dinner, 1 serving of protein and 3.5 cups of steamed veggies.  Im thinking of maybe adding a second apple to my dinner, sort of as a desert.

I need to refocus myself.  If I can do that, then I’ll be fine.  When Im focused, I dont have a problem staying motivated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews