Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Injury, Rest & Chiropractors



Okay.  So, after much thought (the fact that it’s raining and I don’t currently own any rain gear might have also played a part), I have decided to let my ankle rest.  I’ll go to the gym and ride the stationary bike instead and run on Saturday instead.  It’ll still be a 4 mile run because the next day (Sunday), I plan to run 8.5 miles.

I went to a new chiropractor today.  It’s been about 3 years since I’ve been to a chiropractor.  3 years since my bulging discs first occurred and my distrust of chiropractors began.  This new one, Dr. Gerard, seems like a really nice guy and like he really knows his stuff.  There was a lot of talking and a lot of x-rays were taken.  He explained everything to me and made sure I understood what he was telling me.  He also made it completely clear that the way my previous chiropractor (Dr. B) would adjust my lower back was not a good or effective way to adjust the lower back.  I go back to his office for an adjustment first thing Saturday morning.  I’m looking forward to that.  Maybe I’ll get a little relief finally!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews